Job description: Medical Assistant
We have an opening for a talented, EXPERIENCED, and skilled Cosmetic Dermatology Medical Assistant. In this position you will be responsible for providing both cosmetic and medical assistance to the physician/physician’s assistants to include rooming, scribing, and assisting with procedures PLUS you will educate cosmetic dermatology patients about the benefits and current promotions of cosmetic procedures, including CoolSculpting, lasers, neuromodulators, dermal fillers, and Hydrafacial. You will optimize patient flow to ensure patients are roomed and seen by their provider on a timely basis.
- Interview patients and document medical history. Using consultative process, answer basic concerns/questions regarding cosmetic procedures, encouraging sales.
- Utilize a consultative sales process and be proactive to help drive practice revenues to aid in closing sales.
- With acute attention to inventory aging, pulls and reconstitutes Botox and Dysport, draw prescribed amounts into syringes. Reconstitute Sculptra, draw prescribed amounts into syringes.
- Pull fillers from stock with acute attention to inventory aging; set up fillers for providers to inject; take optimal photos for before and after comparisons; prep patients’ skin surfaces for injections using aseptic technique.
- Use iPad to Airplay before and after photo, sizing each photo for best visual, assisting patients to identify the positive outcomes.
- Scribe notes into EMR for physician/physicians’ assistants, including all cosmetic injectables, injection sites, dilutions, expirations dates, etc. Document all medical instructions given to patients.
- Prepare quotes on services suggested by physician/Pas.
- Assist during medical examinations, biopsies, excisions, CO2 laser, suture removals.
- Provide blood draws and centrifuge processing for PRP/PRF therapy by providers.
- Make daily follow up calls to check on patients, post cosmetic and medical procedures. Notify providers and patients of pathology and lab results.
- Set-up, clean, sterilize and inventory all medical equipment and instruments including procedure tray according to instructions.
- Prepare pathology and lab specimens. Route to correct lab as required by patient’s insurance. Maintain accurate pathology log.
- Prepare patients for laser procedures at pre-op appointments.
- Respond to patient questions in-office and on phone as instructed.
- Work in compliance with OSHA, bloodborne pathogen standards. Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA standards. Adherence to the healthcare compliance policy.
- Document and keep current appropriate records for maintenance programs.
- Maintain medication samples, discard out-of-date supplies, and keep appropriate records.
- Send prescriptions and prescription refills as requested by physician/physician’s assistants.
- Organize patient flow according to protocol. Prepare, stock, and clean treatment rooms.
- Cross promotion of new services/treatments.
- Completion of a formal medical assistant program with internship is preferred.
- Proven working experience as a dermatology medical assistant.
- Proven working experience, passion, and excitement in cosmetic dermatology.
- Preauthorization’s for prescriptions, including biologics.
- Accutane protocol
- Phlebotomy for lab tests and PRP/PRF
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Social perceptiveness, service oriented, emotional intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in electronic medical record and patient management software
- Strong sense and desire for neat and organized work and storage spaces
We offer a competitive compensation package along with opportunities for professional growth and development. If you are a skilled and passionate Cosmetic Medical Aesthetician looking to join a reputable and forward-thinking team, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume, along with any relevant certifications, to email@example.com or apply through our website. We appreciate all applications, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
A waiting period may apply, only full-time employees eligible
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
$20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount retail and services
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Cosmetic dermatology: 1 year (Required)
- Dermatology medical assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Phlebotomy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Preferred)
- Work Location: One location
- How many years of cosmetic dermatology experience do you have?
- How many years of dermatology medical assistant experience do you have?
- How many years of Phlebotomy experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)?